Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring Days Off

I've never been big on breakfast. My typical breakfast includes a cup of coffee and on special days a second.  I'd much rather skip the meal and have an early lunch. So I guess working night shift is a perfect gig for me. I get to wake up at 5pm instead of 5am and get right into dinner.  However on my days off when I'm actually awake during the day, I find myself struggling with what to eat in the AM.  Greek yogurt has become my go-to breakfast.  For those who are like me (and wouldn't mind skipping the meal)  this a perfect and complete breakfast to get your day started. Especially when the sun starts shining again after a long winter, and you know those bikini days are right around the corner!


Greek Yogurt with Granola, Berries, and Honey


Not really a recipe but heres how I eat my yogurt:


1 serving 0% milk fat organic greek yogurt  (150g)
1/4 cup granola
1/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice*
1/2 cup berries 
1 tbsp agave nectar (or honey)

*my favorite granola has nuts already in it so I use 1/2 cup. 


My favorite thing about this yummy treat: its about 330 calories!
both the agave nectar and yogurt have 0g of fat, berries have barely any, and the granola and nuts have (about 7g of) all good fat!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment